The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of edificante
- But like everybody else in public life, from politicians and pundits to performers and poets, Stewart wants to seem edifying and instructive.
- Rather than show my disdain outright and attach my friend's moral shortcomings, I started to ruminate a more edifying scheme.
- The way I propose here is to consider how the biblical writers themselves dealt with difficult texts, that is, how they handled elements of the tradition which they could no longer accept as ethical or edifying.
- She's instructive, witty and fun - watching her show is edifying without feeling that way.
- It would also have been edifying if Gonzales' opponents had recognized the possibility that information obtained through aggressive interrogation can save lives.
- No matter what you may make of his present arguments for the acceptability of covenantal gay or lesbian relationships for Christians, I encourage you to check out the edifying material he has put on his site.
- Speakers, dance companies, musical groups, lecturers, and vaguely edifying entertainments made the rounds; it was hugely successful.
- The goal of making modern allegories legible and edifying to a general public without compromising their timeless universality was fraught with risk.
- There are about 220 students following the courses and the epistolary relationship with the students is both edifying and gratifying.
- But we know that this claim, although edifying, is not really true.
- And in the interim, we thank him for this edifying initial look at his team's intriguing and very promising project.
- Alas, it does not necessarily make for a more edifying tale.
- In the end, it is neither enlightening nor edifying.
- The results are edifying as neither expectation is borne out.
- Most of them could find nothing pleasing or edifying in its use.
- His introductions and translations are scholarly, edifying, and link the mind with the heart.
- Her captivating style makes these edifying reflections a pleasure to read.
- It was here that the monk spent much of the day reading and meditating on Scripture and other edifying texts.
- It was edifying to learn that France's alleged ‘war is not the answer’ policy is inspired by Napoleon.
- It's nice to have a mayor who has enough confidence in people to ask them to be serious about their city and know that the answers they give will be edifying, not small-minded.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!