The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de egoísmo
- In the language of flowers, the narcissus stands for vanity and egoism.
- The man shows a shocking amount of egoism - not that it's shocking that he's egotistical, it's just surprising that he lets it show so blatantly.
- The ability for a couple to marry is based on each one controlling innate egoism and narcissism.
- Hobbes accepted that human beings are capable of generosity, kindness, and co-operation but the pride and egoism which is inherent in human nature means that mankind also is prone to conflict, violence, and great evil.
- Parents and teachers should also closely cooperate with each other to arm children with the " spirit of citizenship " so as to help them grow learning to help others and share rather than being encapsulated in strict egoism.
- Step by step, as I was awakened to examine my egoism and tried to come out of the selfish cave, so I could gradually appreciate the beauty of interdependence and interrelationship for the sake of proclaiming higher values.
- And not only does suffering make Christians closer to God by breaking down the sufferer's stubborn egoism, it also serves to act as a kind of billboard advertising God's love for all.
- When people are made to hear of the social violence that exists in their own communities they can escape the gravitational pull of blinkered egoism and begin to work together.
- Simple stubbornness and egoism can't explain everything - Ralph is too smart and too worldwise for that, even if his followers aren't.
- Ben countered that in its teaching that the individual must overcome egoism and the yearnings of self, Kabbalah shows how to put a clamp on one's thoughts.
- The core issue is finding a system for fixing our escalating egoism, which is becoming more evident with each passing generation.
- We have families where the parents behave like the kids, families where the kids behave like the parents, families where love rules and families where egoism is king.
- Of course, being well-off does not necessarily breed egoism.
- The egoism of retired presidents to keep the parties that they founded or co-founded immortal will play a significant role.
- It is also time to take stock of inner weaknesses such as egoism.
- That is why, little children, be open to God's love and leave egoism and sin.
- The brash egoism of 20 years ago has been replaced with a more gracious dignity.
- His arrogance, egoism and desperate need for womanising, are as well known as his genius.
- Deliberately to distance oneself from others behind miles of park wall is an act of supreme egoism.
- For others, he symbolises all that is rotten within Sri Lankan cricket politics: a man driven by egoism and self-interest.
- Industrial society brought new problems: soulless individualism, economic egoism, utilitarianism, materialism and the cash nexus.
- One issue concerns how much ethical egoism differs in content from standard moral theories.
- Psychological egoism claims that each person has but one ultimate aim: her own welfare.
- He thought in Darwinian terms of the struggle of nations for survival and preached ' national egoism '.
- Reason, applied consistently, doesn't lead us down a straight path to egoism, much less to capitalism.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!