Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1octavo→ see also fifth
- As the Byzantines gradually lost control of Italy in the eighth century, a number of cities began to emerge as more or less independent powers.
- This graveyard is an ancient site dating back to the eighth century at least as depicted by the burial of an unknown bishop buried in the eighth century.
- In the eighth century BC there must have been lots of large villages in the Central Mediterranean populated by refugees and runaways.
- Archaeological evidence suggests that the area has been inhabited since the eighth century.
- Founded in the eighth century, its soaring, spired silhouette is as celebrated an image of France as the Eiffel Tower.
- It grew quickly, and by the eighth century it had tall buildings and was crowded with people.
- The history of this craft goes back to the eighth century, and was imported into Japan from China.
- They have just celebrated their eighth year at number one.
- The eighth century had seen the regional kingdoms and larger monasteries of Britain and Ireland became major landowners and economic powers.
- The islands were colonized by Africans in the eighth century.
- When the Moors conquered most of the known world in the eighth century, they used a special technique to aid their cause.
- Tea was introduced to Japan as early as the eighth century from China, where it was used for medicinal reasons.
- The Moors invaded Spain in the eighth century, and much of the Spanish language derives from Arabic.
- Founded in the eighth century, it has long been a cultural, artistic, and religious centre.
- In the eighth century, another earthquake struck, but by that time the city had been abandoned.
- Since the eighth century his poetry and life story have been familiar to every educated Chinese.
- He's also the eighth goaltender to start the playoffs for the Flyers in eight years.
- Liverpool have the eighth best goalscoring record and the seventh best defensive record.
- Jenson Button dedicated his eighth podium finish of the season to his sick grandfather after a fine drive in the Italian Grand Prix at Monza.
- The players still think they can make a run at the eighth seed in the playoffs.
1en octavo lugar→ see also fifth
2(part)octava parte feminine