The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1veterano de la política masculinerespetada figura de la política feminine
- I try to model myself on the elder statesman of Maori in this House, and to follow the way he performs.
- His is presumably a view of the outsider looking in-now a declared political observer, an elder statesman and senior citizen.
- He carried on in this function as a Special Representative of the EU, while remaining influential in Spanish politics as an elder statesman.
- He was an elder statesman and father figure who carried a burden much greater than that of film star.
- Harrison enjoyed productive years as ex-president and became a respected elder statesman.
- By 1914 Hardie was the revered elder statesman of the party.
- The conflicts of the time have been forgotten as this embittered old man has been apotheosised into an elder statesman.
- He returned to politics in 1981 as a Republican elder statesman.
- I like being the elder statesman and the committee is almost entirely new and enthusiastic.
- The chancellorship of the duchy of Lancaster has been used in recent centuries as a supernumerary post, often in the cabinet, for an elder statesman.
- Both are politically conservative Republican elder statesmen.
- Sounding more like an elder statesman than a business executive, Miyauchi is definitive.
- He would perform his role as an elder statesman while continuing to serve the party and the government, the party officials said.
- The 31-year-old is an elder statesman of the Celtic squad, in age, experience and achievement.
- Kohl, after all, let's recall, was a much-revered elder statesman of the country.
- He is the elder statesman on an up-and-coming Baltimore team.
- An elder statesman of the Premiership now, and the league's top goalscorer, at 33 he's still approaching the top of the goalscoring charts.
- ‘It's hard to believe I'm the elder statesman,’ said Hogarth who is in the best form of his comeback season.
- And just when it looked like the elder statesman has received every possible award, yet another one popped up.
- Duncan Urquhart, at 32 the elder statesman of a youthful Scottish team, has yet to decide whether he'll continue after Melbourne.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!