The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of eléctrico
1(current/motor/shaver) eléctrico(fence) electrificado(guitar/piano) eléctricois the heating gas or electric? — ¿la calefacción es eléctrica o a gas?
- electric bill — cuenta de la electricidad
- electric circuit — circuito eléctrico
- electric kettle — hervidor (de agua) eléctrico
- it has electric windows — tiene elevalunas eléctrico
- In fact, each ‘window’ is an array of photovoltaic cells that generate electric current when exposed to the light.
- The gravitomagnetic field is created by moving masses, much as magnetic fields are created by moving electric charges.
- We experience movement of charge in the electric current in wires.
- The boundaries between grains act like barriers to electric charge carriers, impeding the flow of current.
- These charges include electric traction current and station-leasing charges.
- The Ministry of Electricity is implementing measures to stabilize the oscillation of electric current in its power lines.
- The higher the value is the more electric charge can be stored, thereby indicating that a substance is superior as a condenser material.
- X-ray flares bombard these disks, likely giving them an electric charge.
- The film measures the compression force, which is seen in the form of the electric charge of opposite surfaces.
- In yet another room was a small piece consisting of two electric fans with their blades replaced by rods with twists of leaves at the end.
- Liquid crystals are rod shaped molecules that bend light in response to an electric current; the crystals align so that no light can pass through.
- Yet for this and any other electronics application, the materials must also be able to carry an electric current.
- The electric currents passing through the copper tubing in the accelerator produce vast amounts of heat.
- If the distribution of moving electric charge is not symmetric, the magnetic field will also be unsymmetric.
- I looked up from where I sat and saw the main electric switch, connecting the house to the outside lines.
- A first naive picture of an electron - this is not an accurate picture but it's a start - is as a tiny ball with electric charge - which is what flows when a current flows in a wire.
- We can power the fuel cell using renewable energies to generate hydrogen, and then convert it into electricity to charge the electric car.
- Wires are placed on the scalp and the arms or legs are stimulated with a mild electric current.
- These specifications will allow smooth interface between different systems using electric power lines for audio, video and data networking.
- In this process, acupuncture needles are placed at selected points and then pulsed with an electric current to stimulate the acupuncture points.
- Becalmed sounds of electric piano, bass, acoustic guitars, and soft trumpet tones appear at a tempo that's so relaxed it's almost asleep.
- The song's detailed arrangement is fleshed out by electric piano, aquatic guitar lines, and exotic percussion.
- But it's important to remember that electric guitars and electric pianos were new at the time, and there were new recording techniques.
- This stripped-down affair featured singer Kelly Jones on acoustic guitar, accompanied by piano, muted electric guitar and electric bass.
- A standard electric bass guitar covers over three octaves.
- electric bill — cuenta de la electricidad
2(performance/personality) electrizantethe atmosphere was electric — el ambiente era electrizante / estaba cargado de electricidad
- The excitement was electric on that sunny evening as the students of Gallagher House got their spin in the 18 seater bus.
- The excitement was almost electric as Claude withdrew a beautiful antique pocket watch from his coat.
- Mark McColl, at 18, thrilled with electric bursts of pace.
- Closest to the camera, one young man turns toward another with an electric sense of movement, seemingly oblivious to Lawton's presence.
- Through the confusion I felt an electric elation, a sense of the force of life moving swiftly along my entire person.
- As she leaned back he shifted again, maybe only to get more comfortable, but his knee brushed hers and she felt an electric thrill course through her.
- His hands found my throat and his thumbs stroked it in smooth, tantalizing lines that sent electric thrills through my body.
- My heart suffered a sudden electric jolt when I realized who had spoken.
- In the end, however, it's simply the electric thrill of the music itself that makes this release so essential.
- As the queue grew by the buckets the excitement in the carpark was electric with eager fans ranging from two years all the way up to 70.
- The excitement at this game was electric as the spectators shouted and screamed for the young players.
- By now the atmosphere was electric and the screams of excitement from the fans almost deafening.
- The man who thrilled millions with his devastating body serve, electric change of pace and his supreme skill died last Friday.
- The air was electric as the sell-out crowd waited in excited anticipation to hear the 64-year-old Spaniard sing favourites from Verdi and Wagner.
- The atmosphere has been electric and obviously everyone is excited.
- I'm now under a dense canopy of bush and the air is suddenly electric with the pulsing of cicadas.
- The air was electric - the older generation bursting with excitement with what was going to happen next, and the younger ones bursting with curiosity abut what that something was.
- The atmosphere on the ship was electric, and that moment gave me a great sense of pride and humility.
- The love in the air was electric and both, even the one whose senses had ceased five years ago, could feel it.
- With their unruly instincts and their tingling, uncharted senses, they have an electric effect.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!