Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(of car, washing machine) sistema eléctrico masculine(of house) instalación eléctrica feminine
- He said: ‘All the wiring, electrics, plumbing is already in.’
- They claimed they were carrying out electrical work in the area and needed to check the electrics in her house.
- Almost all the electrics in the house are controlled by computer.
- The fire, which is believed to have started in the cupboard that houses the electrics on the ground floor, took three hours to bring under control and more than 30 firefighters were involved.
- Superconductors were once the vision of the future for levitating trains and resistance-free electrics.
- This is a system whereby electrics are controlled from a central switch.
- Works will include new toilets, plus a wheelchair access toilet, new kitchen and meting room, new central heating system, new electrics and a new slated roof.
- We've rewired all the electrics at ceiling height, put in a new bar floor and reupholstered.
- The fire seemed to go out, and so did everything in the whole house, as I'd fused all the electrics.