The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de electrólisis
- The free element sodium was first produced in 1807 by the English chemist Humphry Davy by electrolysis of molten sodium hydroxide.
- Perhaps the best known example of electrolysis is the electrolytic decomposition of water to produce hydrogen and oxygen.
- The technique that he developed, electrolysis of potassium fluoride in anhydrous liquid hydrogen fluoride, is still used today, with some modifications.
- During electrolysis an anion is attracted to the anode (positive electrode).
- This is related to their behavior during electrolysis where the ions move to the two opposite electrodes.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!