Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- To detect the small resulting current, she used an electrometer of an excellent design created by Pierre and his physicist brother, Jacques, some years earlier.
- Hertz generated cathode rays inside an apparatus that included an electrometer to measure the electrical charge of the rays.
- Shortly after Antoine Becquerel and others developed the electrometer, John Mothée Gaugain made the first precise measurements of pyroelectric charges in 1859.
- The electrodes from each specimen measured were connected to an electrometer, which in turn was connected to a Pentium PC, which yielded a printout of the measurement.
- Protein was added to both sides of the membrane, and the increase of the membrane conductance due to insertion of pores was observed with the electrometer.
- The studies were done using a physical properties measurement system and electrometers at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Rather, he was standing still, carefully reading a delicate instrument inside his apartment, when lightning struck an iron rod outside to which the electrometer was connected.
- Cables aside, he carried out research into atmospheric electricity, inventing the water-dropping collector, and vastly improving the electrometer.
- Voltage output from the electrometer was sent to a chart recorder and collected on computer disk via a data acquisition system.
- Electrostatic methods are normally used, such as the field mill, which measures induced electric charge, or an ultra-high-impedance electrometer voltmeter.