The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de escurridizo
1(enemy/prey) escurridizo(enemy/prey) difícil de aprehender
- Pre-baiting an area that looks good is often the answer to catching one of these elusive carp.
- He was injured last season, so we had to wait over a year before this elusive 100th was achieved!
- He would then retreat, hoping to catch the elusive man in their new round.
- All the evidence suggests that this is one of the key times to catch an elusive 40 pounder.
- Vogue tried to cement what it had, even locating an elusive Leon Smet!
- Selling is in our American blood, and the ability to do it well is elusive and admired.
- It's about the people who come to America in search of that elusive thing, the American dream.
- As Cherwell's editorial bemoans of our current situation, a solution is elusive.
- Birdwatchers from all over the country have descended on a nature reserve in Cheshire in search of a rare and elusive bird.
- There is even a personal shopping service, providing further help in tracking down that elusive pair of shoes.
- But persuading the elusive birds to quit their historic lodgings has proved to be quite a headache.
- Taylor is still searching for that elusive first tour win but is not setting herself any future goals and targets in the sport.
- Women walk miles on the blazing sands in search of an elusive pot of water.
- Bringing horses of that calibre to Scotland remains the elusive dream.
- Reedie had been praying for that first elusive gold to come from Simon Lessing in today's men's triathlon.
- With off-road vehicles and guns, this is a boy's day out, and all in pursuit of that elusive plump little bird.
- Naturally, that persistent little squirrel is still driving himself nuts in pursuit of an elusive acorn.
- So this formula, this test, to see whether or not you're compatible has been elusive so far.
- The song became an instant hit and proved to be the group's entry into the elusive U.S. market.
- That run should have sharpened her up sufficiently to get those elusive winning brackets.
3(goal/agreement) difícil de alcanzar
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!