The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of brasa
1brasa feminineascua femininethe dying embers — el rescoldo
- Hunter returned to his place by Missy's side in front of the glowing embers of the dying fire laid in the black iron stove.
- A piece of wood dropped on the dying embers in the fire soon burst into flame.
- The dying embers of the fire flickered and he squinted to get a feel of his surroundings.
- Seconds later he saw the eyes again, the orbs reflecting off the dying embers of their fire.
- Croft was sprawled, half in the armchair, half on the floor, staring at the dying embers of the fire.
- Very often, the coals or wood embers that are used in fire walking also have a low heat capacity.
- He saw her stirring the embers of the dying campfire and tiptoed stealthily up behind her.
- The walls were stained with the tar of tobacco, and the burning embers of a long-lit fire were the only light the room provided.
- The glowing embers of the wood danced into the night sky, yet conveyed no warmth.
- An uneasy peace was negotiated during the dying embers of Bonetti's reign.
- You can learn to sense this instinct and fan the glowing embers into a roaring blaze.
- The room was quite dark, for the dying embers on the hearth provided only a faint radiance.
- Mac lifted the rest of the chunks of eel meat from their perches over the dying embers.
- You are advised to think twice about trying to fan the embers of a dying love affair.
- He stared into the fire to avoid her gaze, to focus his thoughts within the flames and the glowing embers.
- The fire was down to embers with a small pile of wood next to it indicating that everyone had left early.
- Still the burning embers of the creative urge propelled her to serious writing.
- We huddled closely around its glowing embers as they struggled to keep at bay the piercing chill of the Andean night.
- Firefighters were still at the scene on Saturday morning dampening down the burning embers.
- He thrust it in among the glowing embers again and sat down on a box.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!