The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de emir
- They selected various people and called them kings, emirs and sheikhs.
- The amir of Kuwait is not claiming to be a caliph!
- In 1999, the emir of Kuwait dissolved parliament and, along with a variety of other liberalizing measures, sought to grant women the right to vote by decree.
- The government, which is headed by the emir, is composed of ministers appointed by him, many of whom are drawn from the extended royal family and educated in the West.
- A few weeks ago he sought to persuade the emir of Qatar to close it down, without success.
- The emir must sanction laws passed by parliament, and parliament must approve government ministers appointed by the emir.
- People are not happy with what is going on, but they are keeping quiet as a sign of respect to the emir and his crown prince.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!