The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of emisario
1emisario masculineemisaria feminine
- He sent his agents, emissaries to her with fabulous temptations but the virtuous 1ady rebuffed them, one and all.
- After the marriage date is set, the groom sends out emissaries to personally invite friends and relatives to the wedding.
- The British sent emissaries here to promote trade.
- Queen Anne had sent emissaries through Protestant Europe seeking people willing to move.
- This is not the time for striking back-room political deals, nor the time to send emissaries to our enemies.
- He has sent emissaries both to Washington and to Baghdad to try to convince all parties involved to avoid that war.
- Through the night, Rais received emissaries sent to persuade him to call off the demonstration.
- He sent out his emissaries to collect all the most advanced astronomical instruments that were being used by 18th century Europeans and Islamic astronomers.
- King Torva sent an emissary to find out what was going on.
- More importantly, he actually sent an emissary to Pakistan.
- Do not fear, he has sailed as far as the Eastern continent, where I sent him as an emissary to the Tardonian colonies.
- In its place, he sent his emissary to negotiate a plan for greater autonomy.
- An emissary was sent to Suva, to relay first-hand that nothing could be done.
- His status was important enough that he was even sent as an emissary to France to find a suitable mid-wife for the queen.
- Between 1960 and 1968, various emissaries were sent to try and persuade him to join government service in the new government but he refused.
- Kings and Emperors traditionally corresponded by messenger - their emissaries and couriers have always been subject to special protection.
- All activities and combat operations of the militants are coordinated via emissaries who are sent to various places and points of action.
- He reaches the walls of the city, and the Romans, to save it from destruction, send emissaries, old friends of Coriolanus, to propose terms, but in vain.
- To underline the point, he is sending emissaries to key countries in Europe and Asia, and Australia, for consultations.
- UN emissaries sent there had found that the camps were filthy and disease-ridden, not fit for human habitation.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!