The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of emisión
1emisión femininenocturnal emission(s) — polución nocturna
- This random emission of photons leaves the resulting electron beam with a fuzzy, rather than a sharply defined focus.
- Radioactivity is the process of emission of radiation as a radioactive material changes form, often to a different element.
- Radiation emission from mobile phones must be cut by 80 per cent, a group of UK MPs said yesterday.
- There is also a specific obligation to prevent the emission of noxious or offensive substances into the atmosphere.
- However, gasoline engines and generators on boats have no emission controls and can emit carbon monoxide in huge amounts.
- Global warming results from the emission of heat trapping gases, such as carbon dioxide and methane.
- But even with this recent progress, we are far from any solution that reverses - or even reduces - the emission of global warming gas.
- The energy master-plan emphasises investment in technology to reduce the emission of pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxide through improvements in coal combustion.
- It seeks to promote energy efficiency and alternatives to fossil fuels, and insists on reductions in the emission of greenhouse gases by the industrialised world in the hope that the climate may stabilise.
- It can improve biodiversity, protect wildlife habitats, and prevent the emission of vast amounts of toxic chemicals into our water, air, and soils.
- An occupier may incur liability for the emission of noxious fumes or noise, although he has used the utmost care in building and using his premises.
- When environmental issues first became a global concern, Britain was well placed to limit its emissions of noxious gases into the atmosphere.
- I waited in silence, browsing through my CDs, deciding which one to play, when my meditations were disturbed by an ungodly sound, and the emission of an unrepeatable word from Jo.
- Enormous environmental externalities also result from our over-dependence upon cars, especially in air pollution and in the emission of greenhouse gases.
- The effect of implementing the Kyoto Protocol, he says, would be to transfer vast sums of money from some countries to others without reducing the emission of greenhouse gases.
- The Ministry of Finance is initiating a first on the Bulgarian market by the emission of euro-denominated bonds with a 15-year period of maturity.
- Natural sources of emissions of sulfur dioxide include volcanic eruptions and forest fires.
- Road transport is a major source of emission of primary pollutants, especially in cities.
- The Environment Agency has given them a new permit to carry on burning tyres at the site, but has said emissions of noxious gases from the giant chimney must come down.
- Many options for limiting greenhouse gas emissions are available in the short and medium term.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!