The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
extensión de la esfera de influencia dentro de una organización por medio de un mayor control sobre secciones o departamentos de la misma
- Private firms, particularly those with some degree of market power, may engage in empire-building or deviate from profit maximization in other ways for considerable periods of time.
- But even with management's attention directed towards empire-building, the financial performance has remained reasonably buoyant.
- But the speed and style of his empire-building led to accusations of a lack of consultation from within the organisation as well as from the powerful club chairmen.
- He said this power-mongering had led to empire-building, where sports structures were used as power bases for launching attacks and counter-attacks.
- To some observers, the organisation exhibits many features of empire-building that have no place in the state sector and make change difficult to execute.
- Not long after, the well-known process of empire-building demanded that the Arts Council acquire a new (and not necessarily improved) visual-arts department.
- His aspirations to become Australia's dominant newspaper owner was branded as empire-building.
- These and other realities carry a stark message: the same capitalist, empire-building forces that impose the wars abroad also impose the war at home.
- They are prone to empire-building, which encourages them to support additional regulation and the consequential increases of their resources.
- He argues that this policy of empire-building is shortsighted and not conducive to the long-term interest of either the governors or the governed.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!