The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Constitutional changes to permit a female empress may thus trigger dangerous public debate about the need for a monarchy.
- It should be noted that Orchid's character is based on Tzu Hsi, who was China's longest-reigning female ruler and its last empress.
- China's emperors and empresses knew what they wanted.
- The reigning empresses were enthroned to prevent a break in succession in cases of emergency, such as when a crown prince was too young to reign or was forced to postpone enthronement for political reasons.
- In 1768 he traveled to Vienna to inoculate the family of the Austrian empress Maria Theresa - including the young Marie Antoinette - and subsequently served as court physician for over ten years.
- Anarchists threw bombs into the French parliament, and assassinated the Russian tsar, the French president, the Austrian empress, the Spanish prime minister, and the Italian king.
- The latest proclamation from the Empress states that all women, other than the empress herself, must leave the kingdom for unspoken reasons.
- The centerpiece depicts the empress enthroned under a baldachin and surrounded by figures of Hercules, Minerva, Mars, and other gods celebrating her military achievements.
- The giant Schonbrunn Palace was created for the empress Maria Theresa and her 16 children, and it looked pretty magical by lamplight.
- They had to sneak into the capital and find a way into the empress's fortress.
- There were many rumors that she was going to be the future empress of Austria.
- She began receiving years of private instruction to assist her in her role as the future empress.
- When the farmer brings him to Court, he makes the acquaintance of Her Majesty, the royal empress of Brobningnag.
- Disraeli seized the chance to buy a controlling interest in the Suez canal, he sent the flamboyant Lytton to India as viceroy, and his 1876 Royal Titles Act proclaimed Victoria empress of India.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!