The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de recinto
1.1(enclosed space)recinto masculinoa fenced enclosure — un cercado
- The Park itself has many other attractions, such as woodland walks, deer enclosures and wild boar areas.
- Some days later, half a dozen plastic covers containing some popcorn were found near one of the deer enclosures.
- How can one be sure that the dry moat surrounding the enclosures would actually prevent the lions or the bears from jumping across?
- One spot that has been identified for this is the half-acre area near the giraffe enclosure.
- The park has been closed, with all the animals being kept inside their cages except for some monkeys who are allowed to play outside in a special enclosure.
- Well, I'd come to visit the zoo - and, more specifically, to check out its latest additions: lions and chimps in special new enclosures.
- In the middle Iron Age, open settlement was superseded by a large enclosure surrounded by a 6m-wide ditch, with an associated field system.
- Philip was officially opening the new attraction, one of the UK's largest otter enclosures.
- The big cat took exception to Jill and Steve Argent's red Rover when it entered the tiger enclosure.
- Hughes endured a barrage of insults as he jogged in front of the animal enclosure.
- Disinfection powder is sprinkled outside animal enclosures to keep away insects and pests.
- The two other lions have been moved to a small indoor enclosure at the zoo.
- The chariot had been placed in a large oval pit in the centre of a square ditched enclosure.
- Two at a time, men enter an enclosure, each holding a bird under his arm.
- Could zoos design enclosures to keep vulnerable animals properly?
- The remains of a small amphitheatre and three rectangular enclosures, possibly Roman, can be seen in fields beside the road.
- The elephants are in an enclosure surrounded by an electric fence and guards will monitor them on horseback and from speed boats.
- There were ponies frightened out of their enclosures, cattle racing mad throughout the fields, not to mention the land itself, which was all cut-up.
- The two fenced enclosures have been placed by the main entrance to the building, in an area that is to be landscaped.
- Now the authorities have taken up the work of putting up a contour wall around the enclosure and earth-filling work has also been taken up.
- Almost immediately he began setting up his own Botanic Garden, taking over an old stone-walled enclosure, formerly the common or stable yard, next to the kitchen garden.
(for spectators)recinto masculinoa members' enclosure — un recinto para socios
- the stewards' enclosure — recinto oficial
- Best Mate, trained by Henrietta Knight, won his third Gold Cup last year and now has an enclosure named after him at the course.
- It was a far cry from members' enclosures at racetracks.
- From the track to the unsaddling enclosure, every yard felt like a mile.
- Forget the road congestion, it's the traffic jams inside the racecourse enclosures which will occupy the team bringing this magnificent spectacle to York.
- He has a very good strike rate and level-stakes profit with all his rides and I'm sure there are plenty more winners' enclosures for him to visit in 2005.
- The famous Ascot dress code also applies, with top hat and tails a must for men in the royal enclosure.
- The owner was clearly deflated as he waited for his horse to return to the saddling enclosure.
- With transfers into the members enclosure also available at extra cost at most race meetings, ticket holders have additional flexibility.
- We ran towards the unsaddling enclosure 100 yards away and made it with seconds to spare.
- Aintree's famous enclosed winner's enclosure will welcome its last Grand National victor on Saturday.
- On the other side of the track, the enclosure was teeming with people tucking into food hampers while supping from cans and plastic glasses.
- Hopefully, we will see him in the winner's enclosure on the day.
- His cheerful and sporting disposition guarantee a rapturous reception in the winner's enclosure.
- The victorious Culloty gets a huge reception when he returns to the winners' enclosure.
- the stewards' enclosure — recinto oficial
2(of land)cercamiento masculino
información, documentos etc anexos a una carta(thing enclosed)
- The letter's enclosures included documents in support of that charge.
- Letters hold surprising enclosures - pressed violets, four-leaf clovers, and the occasional trinket.
- Having considered her letter and enclosures we find that the reason that she has given for her non-attendance is quite unsatisfactory.
- I trust that the contents of this letter and its enclosures answer your queries and concerns however if you have any further questions regarding our proposed changes please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Included in the same exhibit, apparently as enclosures to the letter of 6 July, are a copy of the Master's order and of the court receipt for payment of the security.
- I confirm that I received this letter and the enclosures.
- The letter contains no reference to any other enclosures with the letter apart from the insurance questionnaire.
- We would be most grateful if as a matter of urgency you would confirm receipt of this letter and its enclosure.
- This notification will acknowledge receipt of your latest communication and its enclosures.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!