The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de reclutar
1alistarseto enlist in sth — alistarse en algo
1(soldiers/helpers/members) reclutar(soldiers/helpers/members) alistar(sailors) enrolarto enlist sb in sth — conseguir el apoyo de algn en algo
- He ordered me to enlist Wallace's support for one of his regular press conferences.
- In May 1982 Sharon he flew to Washington to enlist President Reagan's support.
- Anyway I secured the bid and enlisted Alex's help cleaning up the school as well.
- Again, this means getting other people involved and enlisting the help of the media.
- Often frustrated by the lack of information on the subject, he tried to enlist the help of foreign experts but with little success.
- At face value, the story is deceptively simple - a young girl, Charlotte, goes missing in the woods, and her mother, Dessa, enlists the help of a pilot, Maxine, to aid in the search.
- State level and district level programmes would also be organised for the purpose of enlisting the support of common people in promotion of peace and harmony.
- Now they want to enlist the help of young people in the town to encourage school leavers to study in Swindon.
- They hope to enlist the help of more people in the community to bring court action against the dealers.
- So, in Seattle, he sets up kettles of chicken soup on the sidewalk in Pioneer Square each Christmas Eve, then enlists his family to help ladle out meals to the homeless.
- He enlists the help of local police in a search for the thieves.
- Jim enlists the help of his school friends to make sure Michelle has the wedding of her dream.
- When the e-mails start to interfere with his work, Jason begins to become worried and enlists the help of his best friend, Tariq, to try to solve the mystery.
- To try to solve both mysteries, he enlists the help of Claire's best friend.
- The Arts Council enlists support from other local groups to assist with the hands-on staging of the event.
- She also enlisted the help of a man in Restoration to answer her technical questions.
- Large industrialists, enlisting the support of unions, announced the first general strike.
- They plan to enlist the support and cooperation of scientific organizations around the world.
- Two basic strategies have been used to enlist the assistance of the courts.
- But Colin didn't give up and even enlisted his sister's support.
- We lost all contact, but as it happened we both enlisted in the armed services the moment we turned eighteen.
- During the Civil War he enlisted in the Union army in the 20th Illinois Volunteer Infantry.
- He survived the Great Depression and enlisted in the US Army when the Second World War broke out.
- Schmeling enlisted in the German army as a paratrooper and was wounded in action in Crete in 1941.
- In 1924, Lindbergh enlisted in the U.S. army so that he could train as an army reserve pilot.
- Because of his job, he enlisted in the Royal Engineers and was put to work on bomb disposal around the Coventry area.
- When Mark Parchment enlisted in the Royal Marines he was made to carry a spear on parade.
- As soon as he finished high school, he enlisted in the Army.
- After house jobs at Cardiff Royal Infirmary he enlisted in the Royal Air Force and was posted to India for most of the Second World War.
- They were too young so they dropped out of school, lied about their ages and enlisted in the Navy.
- In 1914 Gaudier enlisted in the French army and he was killed in action.
- He enlisted in the army, fought at Gallipoli and in France, was wounded three times, and won the Military Cross.
- He enlisted in the Army, and gave distinguished war service, principally in New Guinea.
- With the outbreak of World War I in 1914, Winkler enlisted in the Austrian army.
- At the age of eighteen, he enlisted in the army and by 1847 was promoted to the rank of Sergeant.
- He moved to Turin in 1861 and enlisted in the army when he arrived there.
- In 1914 he enlisted in the French army and he was killed in action the following year, aged 23.
- On his release jail in 1915 he enlisted in the Royal Engineers as a private soldier.
- Mac enlisted in the Royal Air Force, rising to the rank of squadron leader.
- When the war started many young men enlisted in the armed forces and the merchant marines.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!