The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- Each column supported an appropriate entablature, on the frieze of which was inscribed Pro Patria, ‘reminding the legislator of the end and object of his delegation.’
- I've never seen so many colonnades, entablatures, pediments, porticos, coffered ceilings and statues adorning so many structures.
- You find the abacus between the triglyphs in the frieze section of the entablature of classical Greek Doric temples.
- The entablature's architrave and frieze break out over each individual engaged column, emphasizing verticality, while the cornice breaks out over each pair to unify the pier-column unit.
- The large frieze panels connecting the archivolts form the entablature of the columns.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!