The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de súplica
1súplica femeninoruego masculinohe was deaf to her entreaties — hizo oídos sordos a sus súplicas / ruegos
- And she mostly steadfastly ignores my shouted commands, my entreaties and panting demands to be set free when the siren songs call me again.
- I am powerless before the scented entreaties of an aesthetic appeal!
- He was steadfast in his devotion, firm in his beliefs, and constant in his prayerful entreaties.
- Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication?
- And everywhere, like clouds heavy with whispered entreaties, prayers float over the craggy hills and valleys of Jerusalem.
- But the entreaties of her earlier prayers echoed in her head.
- And I'm bound to say that my entreaties did not fall on deaf ears.
- The initial July 1999 request yielded 68 contracts; an assortment of entreaties has the number up to 249 responses.
- The parliamentary party left the session in high spirits, with their leader's entreaties ringing in their ears.
- What is important is that we hold a conscious intention for the wellbeing of another, whether it's an entreaty to God or a loving feeling.
- Early last year I made an entreaty for the digitization of several great LPs, mostly from the 80s, that still hadn't made it to CD for whatever reason.
- Only after their entreaty failed did they arrest him.
- His entreaty is hard to swallow, given the biographical kernels in all of his plays, but easy to take, given the unguarded, imploring nature of his gaze.
- Education, of all kinds, is a personal entreaty.
- There was a helpless entreaty in his voice, as though he were afraid that she might see him and retrace her steps.
- Unmoved by a chorus of anguished cries, the Biltmore crew calmly rounded up the glasses, tallied the tabs and shrugged off entreaties for special dispensation.
- More importantly, the Asian financial crisis sent property prices into a tailspin, and the government has largely resisted entreaties to bail people out.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!