Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1anestesia epidural feminineanestesia peridural feminine
- Anaesthetists routinely provide epidurals for both vaginal and caesarean deliveries.
- Most hospitals use IV medicines or epidurals for pain relief.
- Little attention has been paid to other obstetric interventions such as epidurals, episiotomies, and instrumental births
- In many hospitals, labor pain management options are limited to epidurals, parenteral analgesics, or rudimentary labor support from overextended nurses.
- Over 1000 nulliparous women who requested epidurals in labour participated in a randomised controlled trial comparing low dose spinal anaesthetic, low dose epidural, and conventional epidural.
- Every time I pick up the paper I read about women's awful experiences of childbirth, of epidurals, of cold, sterile hospitals, Caesarians, epistimologies, birthing like a factory process, pregnancy treated like an illness.
- Anaesthetists want to prove epidurals work well and they don't want to follow up on stories of backache or discomfort.
- Conversely, because epidurals can provide excellent analgesia, patients will require no systemic sedative analgesia, which is also identified in the editorial as a cause of immobility.
- Her work's on epidurals, pain relief in childbirth and how very dicey it is getting the needle into the right place.
- Besides the discomfort of administering the epidural and the fact that it may take a half hour to 90 minutes for pain relief to take effect, mothers opting for epidurals risk these side effects.
- The policy states that epidurals should not be denied because of the patient's insurance and that nurses should not be restricted from managing regional anesthesia.
- These types of epidurals is not discussed here.
- The review also studied the use of delayed pushing as a labor management strategy in women with epidurals.
- Despite unopposed parasympathetic activity, epidurals do not increase leak rates.
- Finally, it is noteworthy that caregiver preferences may to a large extent dictate the use of epidurals and other medical procedures for laboring women.
- This included the ability to induce labour and the use of epidurals to ease difficult pregnancies.
- A low-dose epidural is also a way of giving women a brief rest from the pain during early labour.
- Unsuccessful attempts at administering the epidural should be recorded factually with no editorial comments.
- Where available, more than one in five women will request epidurals for pain relief in labour.
- Ask your doctor what percentage of their patients receive an epidural.