The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- This might be recorded on their tombstone as an epitaph or in an obituary, commemoration portrait, or in some cases a biography.
- All the tombstones were well carved, and some had wonderful epitaphs written on them; one, belonging to a 22 year old woman said ‘Those who seek me with all their heart shall find me where they least expect’.
- A few words like that are sweeter than an epitaph on the grandest tombstone ever raised.
- Appolinaire wrote the epitaph written on Rousseau's tombstone.
- The epitaphs, written in many different languages, recorded an international community of the dead.
- Babu and I wander into the sanctuary, looking at chest-high tablets inscribed with epitaphs for both Sherpa and foreign climbers.
- English translations of the epitaphs on ancient tombstones of the Dutch and Portuguese in St. Francis Church at Fort Kochi will soon be displayed.
- Now friends, write an epitaph for yourself, and share them with us.
- I'm sure Barry meant well but I'd think twice before commissioning him to write your epitaph.
- The epitaph, written on a grave in Padua, gives the date of his death in June, 1945.
- It is full of natural history; notes about customs she has observed, epitaphs, and inscriptions on bells; here are also drawings of carvings she has seen on screens and pew ends in churches.
- A single gravestone from this period may be inscribed with epitaphs that belong to as many as seven different individuals, though whether or not the grave contained seven bodies is unknown.
- Amusement can be gained from tombstone epitaphs which, when read differently, can see intentions misconstrued to say the least.
- The images in the frieze seem to elaborate in visual terms what the epitaphs below convey in words.
- Surely knowing that he was writing his own epitaph, Frank, who lived in Piccadilly Village, last year published a candid autobiography, I Am What I Am.
- The recent inscription of his epitaph upon their large granite gravestone gave him a sense of contentment and presaged a new era for humankind.
- In both films, every house becomes a crypt, every word an epitaph.
- Naturally, the epitaph on his tombstone should read ‘Th-that-that's all folks!’
- The wanderer realized this was not just a monument but also a grave, and the inscription was an epitaph.
- I read what I had written about an epitaph that had struck me as particular and meaningful.
- How would you like to be remembered in your epitaph?
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!