Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1Sportgol de la igualada masculinegol del empate masculineto score the equalizer — marcar el gol de la igualada / del empate
- These days, they score a goal and hope to stop their opponents from scoring an equaliser.
- Defoe set up Cole for the second equaliser before scoring the winner.
- Aspell crowned a good game by scoring the equaliser.
- Sam Thackery got the equaliser with ten minutes remaining.
- Olly Newby rifled home the equaliser and Mark Tomlinson hit the winner for Wilberfoss four minutes from time.
- Chris Templeman opened the scoring for the visitors in seven minutes and when Alan Gow fired home an equaliser in 20 minutes anything could have happened.
- The Warriors gave up the equalizer in the 54th minute.
- Piltown drove forward in search of the equalizer and on eighty-five minutes Darren Cooney was just off target with a well struck shot.
- And it was the same player who snatched a dramatic equalizer a minute later.
- Finally on seventy-six minutes came the equaliser.
2US slang(pistol)fusca feminine slangpistola feminine
- Colt claimed that his guns were the ‘great equalizers.’
- Nuclear weapons, chemical weapons and missiles are viewed, probably erroneously, as the potential equalizer of superior Western conventional power.
- More often than not, the real equalizer was his gun.
- Colonel Samuel Colt's revolver continues to serve as an equalizer.