The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of construcción
1.1(of building, monument) construcción feminine(of barricade, scaffolding) levantamiento masculinethe erection of tariff barriers — la imposición de barreras arancelarias
- The company has won international acclaim for their experience in the manufacture and erection of stainless steel structures and the completion of the spire is another feather in their cap.
- The erector designed and positioned the falsework to allow erection of catwalks and primary steel for the five center elements.
- In many cases erection of the structures is claimed to be about two-thirds the cost of conventional building.
- CITY PARKS is to launch a campaign to educate the public on the illegal erection of metal structures or ‘cots’ in cemeteries around Johannesburg.
- The erection of a costly monument in the capital while young people are homeless and the elderly are without proper medical care is an abuse of public money, the party stated.
- Given the stringent requirement that no temporary shoring be used in the river during erection, cantilever construction was deemed the most suitable method.
- A spokesperson said yesterday the proposed fence erection is to secure the estate and for other security reasons around the Midland prison.
- It is in the process of planning permission, after demolition, for erection of flats.
- This was also the reason behind erection of a granite boulder 3 1/2 miles east of Blumenort unveiled on Sunday before about 50 people.
- However cost wise offshore turbines will be costlier by 10 per cent and erection and foundation costs will be four times higher when compared to putting up a windmill on shore.
- Careful planning of site layout, erection of partitions, or underground hazardous substance storage and an overabundance of safety systems can actually save lives.
- The splendid job of roadwidening and erection of new fencing on the stretch of road from Donnellon's Cross to the new housing estate and from the quarry road to the new cemetery is much acclaimed.
- These headings will offer a step-by-step guide to the purchase, erection and maintenance of the Farm Fence thus ensuring years of trouble free livestock control.
- It added that signs ‘must not impede ladder erection or climbing access to pole steps’ and ‘should have no sharp edges.’
- Prices tend to start at about £1,000 (excluding Vat, erection of timber frame and delivery).
- In a statement, the Kildare senator has said that he did not know about nor approve the poster's erection and he criticised the group involved.
- However, the lights do cost money and the cost of erection and insurance tops • 1,000.
- The erection of this building proceeded slowly.
- The erection of a farm building on the isolated land north of the motorway to accommodate the turf cutting machinery would not amount to a satisfactory alternative.
- The new school is operating out of the local rugby club house and is awaiting planning permission for the erection of two prefab buildings.
- Close before us were long erections like shop counters, but not quite so high.
- These erections - mosques, Buddhist temples and a statue of Jesus Christ - reflect the independent characteristics of different religions in their togetherness.
- Berlin is pocked with meaningful erections that make the cranes and concrete mixers look aesthetic.
- Ten or 20 years ago, such a structure would have been all advertisement: proud erections of masts and cables emphasizing their functions.
- An enlarged parking area would facilitate day trippers and campers alike and some sort of fence erection would hopefully stop motorised incursions into the dunes.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!