Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1escalope masculinefilete masculine(breaded) milanesa feminine
- What I often like having here is the veal escalope or the Dover sole.
- Anyway, we had the garlic, tomato and oregano soaked courgettes served with a pork escalope and a glass of cold Italian Chardonnay.
- I had asked her to tell me, based on what she'd seen in the kitchen and on the reaction of other diners, whether she would choose the escalopes of veal or the baked fillet of cod.
- There are turkey steaks and fillets, meat for stews, pies and stir-fries, escalopes for pan-frying, drumsticks, minced meat for sausages, meat loaves and burgers.
- Last night was the first time I actually cooked much - reheated some veal escalopes (which weren't very nice) and did some vegetables.
- His breaded pork escalopes come tender but crunchy with unctuous buttery anchovies and fried egg, an interesting spin on the Weiner Schnitzel theme.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and dip the escalopes in it.
- Those not so keen on fish could choose from equally tempting dishes such as roast chicken in tarragon cream sauce and escalope of pork with apple chutney, cider and cream.
- Instead, you can choose a venison escalope topped with wood pigeon or the west coast lobster bisque topped with a light brandy cream.
- My partner opted for the escalope of gammon, which was served with a fried egg, chips and vegetables.
- It added a wonderful flavour to my pork escalopes, combining perfectly with the sweetness of the sultanas and peppers.
- Vivian went for a festive option, escalopes of turkey stuffed with cranberry and lemon with sage.
- Place a half-slice of prosciutto on each escalope, put a sage leaf on top and fasten with a cocktail stick.
- It was a hard call but escalope of pork with bacon, chick peas and celery in a tomato sauce won my vote.
- Spread on one side of the escalope and grill for 10 minutes without turning.
- Try this tasty toasted ciabatta topped with grilled chicken escalopes, baby leaf salad and mustard mayonnaise.
- Instead, thick, succulent breast escalopes had been pan-fried with black pudding and chipolatas.
- My husband's main course - escalopes of chicken cooked in red wine and mushrooms - was not exciting, but perfectly acceptable.
- Other main courses included chicken in a white wine and mushroom sauce and breaded escalope of pork with a home-made apple sauce.
- The choice was roast fillet of beef or seared escalope of salmon and smoked salmon.