The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of escudo
- Within one year of abandoning the escudo for the euro, Portugal, for example, was forced to make massive cuts in public spending to meet the stability pact's criteria.
- The euro, which replaces the old francs, marks, guilders, pesetas, escudos, drachmas, and lire of the European Union, is not yet five years old.
- Some taxi operators and small businesses were reported to be giving back change in both euros and escudos, against government recommendations.
- She could earn up to 15,000 escudos a day, or three times the going rate for a building site in Lisbon.
- The baron got 800 escudos a year in compensation.
- Portugal had until the end of February to phase out the escudo.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!