The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de esquimal
1(person)esquimal masculino, femenino
- Tony Woodbury reports that in the village of Chevak, Alaska, in 1978, almost everyone spoke Chup'ik, a dialect of Yup'ik Eskimo; by 1996 it had died out among schoolchildren.
- To take what is the most frequently mentioned case, we can note the existence of several words in Eskimo to refer to ‘snow’ compared to only one in English.
- When people try to make a list with snow words in Eskimo, they often include words for ice.
- The Greenlandic language is closely related to Labrador Eskimo but has taken many of its card-playing terms from Danish.
- Everybody kept on saying, ‘come see, little kids speaking Eskimo!
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!