The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1paseo marítimo masculinemalecón masculine Latin Americacostanera feminine Southern Cone
- To begin though, I settle into a daily regime that involves nothing more challenging than a walk into Funchal along the esplanade, behind the squadrons of yachts in the town's marina.
- It is also an easy stroll along the esplanade to Estoril if you feel like a slight change of scene or want to lose your money at the enormous casino.
- Then they went for a stroll along the beachfront esplanade.
- Local authorities' occasional sweeps of the esplanade along Beach Road have done little to relieve the problem.
- Once intended to be a grand esplanade or promenade 100 feet wide along the waterfront, it soon turned into a mass of railway tracks as more and more railways fought for entrances into the City.
- A plaza joins a public esplanade which is planned to eventually connect all of Tacoma's waterfront.
- The colonel came out of the hotel and started to walk toward the broad, scenic esplanade along the shore of the lake.
- If you stroll down the Kaivopuisto esplanade in Helsinki, there are some wooden benches along the harbour that look like picnic benches.
- When city founder John Graves Simcoe first sailed into our harbour in 1793, he reportedly suggested that the waterfront would make a lovely spot for an esplanade, maybe a park as well.
- If it's sunny, there's nothing finer than grabbing a pint at one of the many open-air pubs on the esplanade and watching the world go by.
- I was sitting in a shelter on the esplanade at Watchet trying to avoid conversation with a large lady from London who's been holidaying in West Somerset for a long, long time.
- But whatever your particular price range you are guaranteed a fantastic view as all apartments look over either the seafront, the harbour or the esplanade.
- The esplanade on the south shore has been renovated to an extremely high standard and is used by cyclists, people walking their dogs and folk generally enjoying a stroll.
- When beach showers appeared, all that was required was a quick splash, a towel, and a comb before you rejoined the crowds on the esplanade.
- You can wander down a main boulevard leading to the sea-front esplanade, and the only sound is a football being bounced by children against a tree.
- It is only today, 40 years after his death, that people are beginning to reclaim the oceanside esplanade and beach as their own.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!