The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of ensayo
1.1(literary composition)ensayo masculine
- Apart from the novels, Sundara Ramaswamy has written several short stories and essays on literary criticism.
- That might be the inevitable price of writing short essays.
- He began writing plays, essays, short stories and then film scripts declaring that he planned to devote his life to art as a force for social change.
- Both his poetry from 1926 on and his essays in literary criticism attest to his spiritual independence.
- Previously, he had published travel essays and short stories, but he turned to writing novels.
- Many of the essays are just too short to really get into the subject.
- During the years that followed, Hurston wrote novels, essays, articles, and plays.
- He's since written many novels, and essays, and short stories.
- However, he continued to write poems, short stories, essays, and novels when he found time.
- Each section centers around a theme and is introduced with a short essay by one of the editors.
- This juxtaposition is a characteristic feature of George Eliot's essays and reviews.
- The editors encouraged all forms of literary submissions from poetry and essays to short stories and serialized novels.
- In writing essays, I only follow one rule, which is that all the information is independently verifiable.
- I went on to publish essays, short stories, poetry, and political commentaries.
- For example, my first published piece was a nonfiction essay in MidAmerican Review.
- Although he lacked a good radio voice, he excelled at writing short but incisive essays that captured a radio audience unused to such quality in a news broadcast.
- He has published essays, reviews and short stories in a number of journals and anthologies and is currently at work on a novel.
- I won an award for a poem, and consistently scored really well for essays, short stories and other English stuff in high school.
- Quentin Williams makes this point in a perceptive essay on painting and photography.
- I think I did a reasonable science essay on house design.
- In addition, he has published several books of essays, poems and photographs.
1.2(academic composition) trabajo masculine(academic composition) ensayo masculine(language exercise) composición feminine(language exercise) redacción feminine
2 formal(attempt)incursión feminine formal
- Tourism at its best is an attempt, an essay, and not all essays are trivial.
1(task) intentar realizar(method) probar
- The newsreader forced a glassy smile and essayed a limp defence.
- The Socialist Party alone seems to be essaying a relatively sophisticated campaign, and taking the trouble to tell voters who its candidates are.
- For any sportsperson, the point of contact in essaying a stroke is the moment of joy.
- I have never before essayed a non-fictional character.
- After a clutch of films in which he has essayed powerful characters with a negative side, Irfan was pleasantly surprised some time last year when a London-based producer approached him with the offer of a lead role in a film.
- Born in December 1924, Ezekiel essayed many roles with energy and grace: poet, editor, art critic, playwright, teacher, and literary organiser.
- The protagonist in ‘The Shield’ is Vic Mackey, who is a hard-bitten, tough street cop brilliant essayed by Michael Chiklis.
- The chief minister's younger son, Karan Pratap Singh, deftly essayed by Rohit Roy, is both feared and adored by his mother who sees him as both a liability and as her political heir.
- And, the first role that he played was that of a 74-year-old, the oldest character he's ever essayed in his career.
- Subsequently, Beckham essayed a long, high shot but this one, in contrast to the one that made it into the net, was comfortably caught by Jones.
- George Reid, the Presiding Officer, essayed a bit of Gaelic, then introduced the Lewis psalm-singers.
- Shortly thereafter, he essayed a hair transplant, which he covered with a bandanna to make sure it was noted.
- Nevin scampered for space and from 30 metres essayed a left-footed shot over the bar.
- Some months ago, the Government essayed a crackdown on youths staying late at internet cafes.
- Rajkumar essayed the role of many a mythological character as well as historical figures.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!