The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of ética
1ética femininethe Protestant work ethic — la ética protestante
- The ethic of public service was passed on from his father, who worked in the island's customs office.
- The programme was also intended to develop the ethic of natural resource conservation.
- Miller was a persistent critic not of commerce, but of the commercial ethic as an all-embracing ideology.
- For an ethic is not an ethic, and a value not a value without some sacrifice to it.
- Today, the religious element of that work ethic has largely gone - but the ethic itself remains.
- Is the core ethic of our society to maximise personal wealth?
- This was the reality of the collectivist ethic in which each should be striving for all, not for himself and his own.
- Over the past three decades environmentalism has evolved from a social movement to a societal ethic.
- Christians have occasionally suggested that all of society should run on an ethic of brotherly love.
- It asserts the value of a socialist ethic that de-emphasises self-promotion.
- Underlying this system is an ethic that seems to value discipline and sacrifice for their own sake.
- It is a rational, utilitarian, practical ethic, deeply American and consumerist.
- Gender equality may not be too far off, given that action sports typically enjoy a community ethic.
- But a strong work ethic was instilled in him at an early age.
- Maybe I do have a residual Protestant work ethic after all.
- Buddhism does have a strong sexual ethic, but not a repressive one.
- The language of social justice also needs to be moderated and shaped by an ethic of care.
- The original culture, with its strict mores enforcing an ethic of sharing, is apparently losing its dominance.
- Together, we will need to build a new ethic of global stewardship.
- Acting on strong moral convictions ought to be part of an ethic of responsibility.
- His writings and addresses increasingly dealt with the ethics and morality of the end of life.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!