The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de elogio
1literario(praise)elogio masculinoloa femenino literario
- The piece is a eulogy by his sister Shiela on the death of their mother.
- Even an inaugural speech or a funeral eulogy loses relevance when taken out of context.
- Then there will be a real state funeral, familiar nostalgia, more eulogies to praise duty and endurance.
- A ceremony was held, a digging of a shallow grave, a brief eulogy, a moment of silence.
- Surely a grown-up modern democracy should put debate at the heart of its responsibility, rather than devote precious parliamentary time to anecdotes and eulogies?
- Yet after I left the funeral, some key themes of the media eulogies and other testimonials kept bothering me.
- It's one of the great tragedies of human life that we tend to save our best compliments for eulogies.
- I'm sorry I didn't mention that when I wrote his obituary or delivered his eulogy.
- A line or two of grudging praise is all he gets when a eulogy might be in order.
- The president, of course, delivered one of the eulogies.
- Many laudatory speeches during birthday parties and eulogies during funerals simply skip over this time and construct biographical outlines without these years.
- Now, hardly a day goes by without City's England international receiving the plaudits and eulogies from the soccer community.
- Martha delivered the eulogy, which was broadcast to the mourners outside.
- When the eulogy is heard and the tributes are given, none of us will have to search for words, bite our tongues or lie.
- The pastor delivered an eloquent eulogy for Ryan and then softly shut his book.
- This stemmed from a eulogy I delivered at a memorial for him upon his death two years ago.
- They were all sitting together listening to the priest delivering a eulogy to Sara.
- I tell her perhaps they'll let her deliver the eulogy for my cousin, when he comes home in a box.
- Eight pall bearers placed the flag-covered coffin at the alter where many stepped forward to deliver eulogies.
- As elegant as the eulogies were, the greatest tribute paid to him came after the service.
2EEUU(at funeral)panegírico masculino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!