The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- A Eurocentric nationalist view of history would posit ‘One World, Many Tribes’ as the oldest and least mature social formation.
- Rather, they map onto each other and reinforce a politically conservative, Eurocentric view of culture.
- The result was a Eurocentric view of world history in which Africans had no part.
- Conventional historians will find the unashamedly Eurocentric view disturbing, and will judge the author's use of evidence rather cavalier.
- The last have been favored in histories of world Jewry, and for too long those histories have been skewed by their Eurocentric view.
- Australia was part of the British Empire and at school I was taught a fairly Britain-centric and Eurocentric view of the world.
- This Eurocentric view ignored the many other right-to-left scripts: until about ad 1500 there were about as many right-to-left scripts as left-to-right ones.
- In more than one instance their Eurocentric view eclipsed their respect, and they overlaid their names on ancient rock art and structures.
- Most of these so called healthy weight indicators do not take many things into account and are biased towards a Eurocentric view of size and beauty.
- Instead, the authors provide a Eurocentric view of pollution and its causes.
- The main focus may have been Eurocentric, but there was a constant consideration of non-European cultures, in particular India and China.
- History at school had been taught from a Eurocentric perspective, focusing on colonisation or slavery in Africa.
- This is because certain towns have simply meaningless names connected to Eurocentric history while other names represent vicious corruption of indigenous names which need to be corrected.
- Among some sectors of society, ‘Aussie’ is regarded as Eurocentric and anachronistic in a nation officially committed to ethnic and racial inclusiveness.
- The Aryan Invasion theory propounded by western scholars gives a Eurocentric history of civilization, based on racial parameters.
- Proponents of the former position were cast as conservative upholders of Enlightenment verities clinging to modernism as the last bastion of a Eurocentric culture.
- This book broke with the Eurocentric conceptions of African history and immediately the book became one of the most widely-read and influential books on Africa and the third world in general.
- So the point is that criminologists should be committed in their research to understanding the world marginalized by Eurocentric culture.
- When I got to Union in New York, the culture was elitist, Eurocentric, competitive and individualistic.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!