The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1retirado de las fuerzas armadas(organizations/community) de antiguos miembros de las fuerzas armadas
- Since the beginning of this year, more than 105,000 medals have been presented to members of the ADF and ex-service communities.
- We could publish statements, signed by ex-service personnel and reservists, to raise the profile.
- The number of service and ex-service personnel signing up to help is regrettably less and less.
- He was renowned for his strong views on issues such as the rights of ex-service personnel and the monarchy, and he defended those views with vigour.
- Also invited were members of other ex-service organisations, and several uniformed and religious groups, as well as the national organiser of the Canal Zoners.
- Wreath laying was led by the borough's Mayor, and members of the armed forces and ex-service organisations paraded past the Mansion House.
- After house jobs came war service in the Royal Navy, and then postgraduate education for ex-service medical officers in Oxford.
- Money raised from the sale of Poppies goes to the Royal British Legion to help ex-service people and their dependents.
- The badge is a free gift to all who qualify and it is not restricted to members of the Royal British Legion or any other ex-service organisation.
- On Remembrance Day last year, he attended and upset a lot of the war widows and older ex-service persons when he didn't have his poppy on.
- They were animated by the postwar idealism of ex-service personnel, a deep-seated fear of socialism, and a commitment to free enterprise.
- All the money is to help to support ex-service personnel and their dependents in providing the relief they need when they are suffering and are in distress.
- The cemetery contains the bodies of military personnel who died in service, as well as those of ex-service personnel and dependents.
- When the war ended, four of the hospitals were closed and Broughton House became a care home for ex-service personnel.
- The military has also selectively called up over 6,000 ex-service personnel with specialised skills who are on the rolls of the Individual Ready Reserve.
- The trust runs 16 grant schemes using money from government, ex-service organisations and private sponsors, with about 50 new grants offered each year.
- The soldiers, who were accompanied by ex-service veterans paraded past the Mansion House where the Lord Mayor took the salute.
- Contributions raised through the poppy campaign are used toward helping ex-service personnel, and to grant bursaries for their children and grandchildren.
- The tribunal heard appeals from ex-service staff whose claims for a war pension were rejected by the Defence Secretary - and its ruling could benefit hundreds of former servicemen.
- ‘It is a very good turn out with about 140 ex-service people on parade,’ he said.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!