The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(soldier) soldado retirada masculine(soldier) militar retirada masculine(sailor) marinero retirada masculine
- Some of these were ex-servicemen and ex-servicewomen who had fought in the campaigns of the Second World War.
- They don't have to be ex-servicewomen, although they will be made very welcome.
- The charity also invites all ex-servicewomen to attend a luncheon at the club following the main ceremony.
- Its duties will be to raise funds for benevolent schemes that help ex-servicewomen or the widows, wives, and children of servicemen.
- A local organisation put together two teams, about 14 ex-servicemen and a couple of ex-servicewomen, to compete at archery and throwing the javelin.
- In 1946 a Brisbane headline shouted that ex-servicewomen were banned from marching on Anzac Day.
- She also served as chairman of the Ex-Servicewoman's Association, an organization which aimed to find suitable employment for demobilized women.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!