The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de excepcional
1(case/circumstances) excepcional(case/circumstances) extraordinario
- It can only be displaced by unusual or exceptional circumstances.
- While superficially complex, this was not an exceptional case.
- There are rare and exceptional circumstances in existence in this case.
- Bidding on rare and unusual items in exceptional condition was very aggressive, pushing prices to new highs.
- Again, there is no suggestion here that paying more than would be justified on a strict royalty calculation is an unusual or exceptional practice.
- He said that the exceptional permission for the unusual ceremony had been granted because his grandmother had herself served as a Wren.
- The Human Rights Act is, I believe, open to re-negotiation in certain exceptional circumstances.
- My old laptop was retired because of a really weird problem, which was that the computer would only start in exceptional circumstances.
- They only come before councillors in exceptional circumstances and the criteria for rejecting them are narrower than in other planning matters.
- Applications for damage to cars or non-essential items will not normally be considered, other than in exceptional circumstances.
- ‘They are pretty exceptional circumstances,’ he said, trying to keep his anger hidden.
- We will publish manuscripts over 30,000 words only under exceptional circumstances.
- ‘Although this may be increased in very exceptional circumstances,’ said Debbie.
- In exceptional circumstances, proposals or amendments could be introduced after the circulation of the agenda.
- This irrational checklist has nothing to do with pasta or pizzas, or indeed with the food at all - except in exceptional circumstances.
- There is currently some 30,000 farmers receiving exceptional circumstances drought relief.
- The judge awarded costs because of the exceptional circumstances.
- No more than three or four awards of this nature are made in the course of a year and only in exceptional circumstances to people outside Spain.
- Independent appeal panels are also to be advised that such decisions should only be overturned under exceptional circumstances.
- This is certainly a very unique case, a very exceptional set of circumstances.
2(hardship/depravity) extremo(skill/talent) excepcional
- Some autistic children show, at an unusually early age, exceptional abilities in music, graphic art or arithmetic.
- The Savage bolt action has always provided outstanding accuracy and exceptional value for the money.
- She also had the exceptional ability to recall vividly small incidents in her life, and recount them without any exaggeration.
- Bernard's exceptional rugby ability has not gone unnoticed and he has recently been invited to play rugby with Leinster.
- And Kaushik, who had an exceptional ability in identifying the cars manufactured worldwide.
- If you have not tried pecorino cheese, give it a chance, it is has kind of a salty exceptional taste full of flavor more so than Parmesan.
- Writers are liked or disliked for something much vaster than their exceptional ability with language.
- His two points were superb efforts and his overall display marked him out as a player of exceptional ability.
- The Dolby Digital 5.1 also sounds exceptional, with outstanding separation in the mix.
- Reed has been fielding some punts in practice, and he is an exceptional athlete with big-play ability.
- This is a sure bet because carbon has an exceptional ability to link up with other atoms into long chains, or polymers.
- Lincoln appears to have been a man who loved to laugh and used his exceptional story telling ability to his advantage.
- The style of government directed by Henry II and his sons was exceptional for its penetrative ability and aggressive quality.
- McDaniel has functional speed but exceptional instincts and playmaking ability.
- Williams has exceptional hands and leaping ability and can beat linebackers deep with his speed.
- So far, so good, as most of the items on the menu are of reasonable price, significant size and exceptional flavor.
- It is the combination of exceptional memory and calculating ability which seems to combine in many of those we consider.
- The breed is also noted for its endurance ability, and its exceptional disposition.
- Hawkins doesn't have exceptional coverage ability but is aggressive and physical.
- Ted was a remarkable and exceptional man, who just happened to also live for 106 years.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!