Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Throughout the pregnancy the fetus obtains nutrients and oxygen from the mother's blood, by transfer in the placenta to its own umbilical cord blood, and it excretes waste products of metabolism by the same route in reverse.
- Then these bacteria excrete organic material to the clam and the clam can use that organic material as a food source.
- Usually, a pregnant woman with preeclampsia develops dangerously high blood pressure and begins excreting protein in the urine.
- When it drinks seawater, the animal excretes salt though the tears, which are simply a concentrated salt solution.
- The kidneys filter and process the blood and excrete the waste products as urine.
- The most common cause is a failure of the kidneys to excrete uric acid fast enough.
- In some simple organisms, such as amoeba, water is actively excreted from the cell in vacuoles.
- The storage of waste materials is a very important function of the vacuole, since plants cannot excrete their wastes the way animals do.
- The drug is excreted in the urine and caution is needed in patients with kidney disease.
- When someone is diabetic, they excrete sugar in their urine.
- Although most athletes who drink more fluid than they lose as sweat simply excrete the excess fluid as urine, in some people it is retained.
- Renal failure occurs as the kidneys fail to excrete the excess potassium.
- After a medication is metabolized, many medication metabolites are excreted in the urine.
- By taking x-ray pictures while the kidneys are excreting the dye, the urologist can see any abnormalities in the outline of the urinary system.
- Bile excretes cholesterol, helps neutralize stomach acid and aids in the digestion and absorption of fats.
- This second mechanism liberates calcium from bone, and the kidney then excretes the calcium.
- Conditions such as severe renal disease may impair the kidney's ability to excrete potassium.
- In healthy birds, uric acid is excreted by the kidneys and is seen as the white material in their droppings.
- Excessive amounts of alcohol decrease the kidneys' ability to excrete uric acid.
- To digest foods, fungi excrete enzymes into the environment to break down complex carbon compounds.