The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de terriblemente
1(agonizingly)terriblementeit's excruciatingly painful — es terriblemente doloroso
- The ride was excruciatingly painful.
- The alto flute is heavy and tiring to play, and any piece longer than about 10 minutes without breaks is excruciatingly painful to perform!
- Early on during the descent, Joe broke his leg, forcing Simon to lower him down by two 150 ft. ropes, in an excruciatingly slow and painful manner for both climbers.
- The cuts are treated with tigasso (tree oil) and are excruciatingly painful until they heal, though it is said they rarely become infected.
- "There were days it was so excruciatingly cold that you thought that your ears were literally going to crack off the side of your head," he recalls.
- His jaw had to be chiseled away at, literally gouged out in an excruciatingly painful operation that took almost an hour.
- The music was loud. Excruciatingly loud.
- "I'm guessing she died excruciatingly slowly from the bleeding, and not too long ago," he said.
- His hands were bound excruciatingly tightly to the thick steel pole running along the back of his neck.
- After that excruciatingly torturous dentist appointment, it's back home.
2(awfully)(boring/dull) espantosamente(boring/dull) terriblementeexcruciatingly funny — para morirse de risa
- I'm short, skinny and have excruciatingly underdeveloped social skills.
- The drive had been excruciatingly silent in the twenty minutes it had taken them to exit the city and venture along the main highway.
- Although the Portuguese advance southwards was excruciatingly slow, once the cape had been rounded by Bartolomeu Dias in 1488 progress in the Indian Ocean was nothing short of spectacular.
- When the most basic things aren't being done, or done so excruciatingly badly, it just makes me despair.
- The hours that followed were some of the most excruciatingly frustrating I have ever experienced.
- Peta's meetings with strangers are sometimes funny, occasionally ridiculous or excruciatingly embarrassing.
- For a tearjerker with modest ambitions, this film is excruciatingly inept.
- This storyline is dragged out excruciatingly.
- To most people, science and mathematics are excruciatingly dull.
- The poor actress overacts excruciatingly as the vengefully posh blueblood.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!