The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of verdugo
- It had been difficult to find an executioner to carry out the sentence.
- It will also tell the story of Henry's brother Thomas, who was the longest serving of the Pierrepoint executioners and carried out around 300 hangings in 40 years.
- He has repeatedly appealed to his supporters and voters not to offer any resistance and to continue to trust the state, its executioners and its prison wardens.
- The military will act as interrogators, prosecutors, defense counsel, judges, and when death sentences are imposed, as executioners.
- He struggled as a man condemned to death struggles in the hands of the executioner, knowing that he cannot save himself.
- The executioner shook the condemned man's hands, removed the steps and the platform dropped back on its hinges.
- I hate to admit it but I feel almost afraid, as if I'm waiting in a condemned cell for the arrival of an executioner.
- As they leave, a white liquid giving off a gas slowly seeps from the left and we discover these men are executioners and this is a death chamber.
- The executioners are armed with rifles carrying bayonets and they stand about two steps away from the condemned.
- Near them are statues of the three executioners Bao employed to put different ranks of criminals to death.
- Back in the bad old days, didn't condemned criminals sometimes have to pay the executioner's fee for chopping off their own heads?
- There were interviews with executioners who described the process that was unfolding behind the prison walls.
- The masked executioner slipped the noose around Shadow's neck and slowly adjusted it to fit.
- Led to the scaffold from a death row cell, he was prepped for the noose by a masked executioner.
- It would neither distress the condemned person, nor the executioner on the other side as he pulled the trigger.
- But the killing fails to meet the standard of a crime even now, because her executioners believed they were dispatching an enemy agent, and the integrity of that belief cannot be invalidated retrospectively.
- There are even interviews with white riot policeman and executioners, but the power of the film belongs to the music, and ‘powerful’ is an understatement.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!