Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- As a philosopher she reacted to existentialism and logical positivism with a deep belief that philosophy should be about freedom and morality and love and God.
- He published On Humanism, a letter to Beaufret in which he distanced his own philosophy from French existentialism.
- The philosophy of existentialism affected and changed the attitude of the Western community to suicide greatly.
- The argument was directed at the individualist ontology of existentialism in favour of a more communitarian one.
- Most of the words spoken seem like an abstract treatise on existentialism and determinism.
- Marx may be described as a humanist, and in this century humanism has been given expression, in both secular and religious forms, in the philosophy of existentialism.
- Sartre's existentialism drew its immediate inspiration from the work of the German philosopher, Martin Heidegger.
- It is full of those little moments of impotency, existentialism and half-baked philosophical epiphanies that happen to us all.
- The episode is heavy on action and detective work, light on philosophy and existentialism.
- Here, existentialism belied the positivist socio-political attitudes of the official regimes and motivated political opposition.
- On the other hand, Sartre articulates the fundamental statement of existentialism in this way: life precedes what is of the essence.
- The non-Christian version of existentialism is attributable to Martin Heidegger and Jean Paul-Sartre.
- The next three chapters examine the religious existentialism of Kierkegaard, Dostoevsky, and Nietzsche.
- I remember back in summer, when I was taking my course in existentialism, we discussed the topic of death.
- He read deeply on the subject of existentialism, having long conversations with Jean-Paul Sartre.
- Although he is indeed a co-father of existentialism with Kierkegaard, for some reason he has not generally been acknowledged as such.
- He is unable to escape, to articulate, or to textualize his experientially learned nascent existentialism.
- How one might convert the insights of Sartre's existentialism into a guide for action, however, is not at all obvious.
- This time they look not to Judeo-Christian lore, but to Nietzsche and existentialism.
- As much as fascism, Nietzsche foreshadowed modernism, existentialism and postmodernism.