The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of expansión
1(in volume, extent)(of metal) expansión feminine(of metal) dilatación feminine(of gas) expansión feminine(of trade, market) expansión feminineeconomic/industrial/territorial expansion — expansión económica/industrial/territorial
- If the operating temperature is higher than there is greater heat distortion due to thermal expansion hence increased friction.
- Much of the rest of the country is paying the price of rapid economic expansion.
- At the same time close links with the USA resulted in rapid economic recovery and expansion.
- These years are post-integration and are from a period of rapid expansion of the industry.
- Now he runs Scotland's only electronic property search company which is set to enter a period of rapid growth and expansion.
- During the recent boom, the recruitment industry experienced rapid expansion.
- It will greatly boost the prospects for economic growth and expansion in towns and villages throughout the county.
- The market hall is to receive a new look in an 18-month expansion programme.
- Founders sometimes become arrogant and go on a rapid and unwarranted expansion binge, he warns.
- Schipol airport in Amsterdam and Paris Charles de Gaulle have both seen recent expansion programmes.
- It is also set to embark on a major European expansion programme.
- The numbers could indicate that economic expansion is finally leading to major jobs growth.
- And it signals the end of the era of rapid expansion of public spending on essential services funded by tax rises.
- The software industry's expansion plans have triggered a real estate boom in the city.
- In the post-school environment the rapid expansion of industry training continues.
- This money would then cut its debt and provide extensive funds for expansion.
- Between 1890 and 1920 new developments enabled the further expansion of the wheat industry.
- The energy company was often credited with putting new technologies to work in the service of its rapid expansion.
- Judicial creativity has been most obviously and constructively expressed in the rapid expansion of the law of judicial review.
- There is accumulating medical evidence in the journals on the rapid expansion of the HIV infection.
- The rapid expansion of the sector observed during the last year emphasises the importance of its advantages.
2(of summary) ampliación feminineMathematics desarrollo masculine
- This value signifies that the colony contains 37,800 sectors of cells having tract length expansions.
- In a sense, this is an expansion of that book to cover the whole region.
- ‘I think the ballparks are smaller, the players are stronger, and we've had two expansions in the last decade,’ said Selig.
- He says that while their intentions are humble for now they, like other companies, leave ample room for future add-ons and expansions.
- Although additions and expansions have been made to suit its occupants, the Bishop's House at Fort Kochi can instantly take you on a nostalgic ride.
- Unlike in the two previous years, when the companies opened new theme parks, there were no major expansions in Orlando in 2000.
- The attempt to keep pace with ever increasing museum collections has resulted in a recent spate of building expansions worldwide.
- It leaves open the possibility of limited expansions of two lodges in the mountain region.
- The club is currently planning several expansions to accommodate golfers who seek pleasure and leisure in a quiet place.
- Despite the grim financial climate, several smaller theaters find themselves planning expansions.
- It might mean that the proposed expansions are built later rather than sooner, but at least our representatives will have been diligent.
- There will be an added fee of $13.80 applied after three of the four expansions are complete and open for student use.
- Proposed expansions to the shopping centre could bring larger stores to the county town.
- The development project is part of the Campaign Waterloo initiative, which also is funding the expansions.
- Their past expansions have never resulted in the demolition of housing for its building or for parking.
- There will also be expansions to the kitchen and dining areas to accommodate the additional residents.
- Athletics is moving ahead with expansions to Columbia Icefields recreation facility.
- There might be expansions in the family - a baby or an older relative.
- The factor that has kept new premises and expansions at bay is the complete lack of uncommitted parking.
- No major renovations or expansions are planned for the former Indigo location, she said.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!