Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Fear makes violence more explicable and hatred more understandable.
- The trend is explicable in terms of a set of often unrelated and often seemingly innocuous market decisions and administrative policies.
- But the moral status of animals, I suggest, also generates a responsibility that may not be fully explicable in terms of animals' interests.
- No doubt about it, the evolution of biochemical systems, even complex multipart ones, is explicable in terms of evolution.
- The world is completely explicable in its own terms.
- Under pluralism, differences in access to resources or life chances etc. become largely explicable in terms of personal culpability or luck.
- Even some of the cases that are explicable in ideological terms reveal subtle shadings just beneath the surface.
- Another staff member felt perplexed and sad about the fact that one of the campers seemed angry with her all the time, for no explicable reason.
- There's something else going on, though, which perhaps makes this mainstreaming of management culture more explicable.
- These atrocities aren't readily explicable by any of the default analyses or classic responses of conventional politics.
- Military precision, like magic, is not supposed to be easily explicable to the masses but a close look at the lead horseman was revealing.
- Seen in this context, the sudden eruption of the Global Justice Movement in 1999, becomes explicable.
- I am seething with rage at anyone who dares suggest that, in any way, such acts are even explicable, let alone justifiable.
- And when one understands how these closeted types think, their whole attitude is all the more explicable.
- Given how ubiquitous violence is today, he argues, our immunity to it on screen is explicable but terrifying.
- In between each number a man kept shouting ‘stop the drug war’ for no explicable reason.
- Human behaviour is explicable using the same geometric grids that have been produced by mathematicians.
- It was much easier to see how paintings had been made: they became both more wonderful and more explicable.
- The behaviour is explicable and the scenario interesting only, as I say, up to a point.