The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de superfluo
1(unrelated)(argument/detail/decoration) superfluoto be extraneous to sth — no tener relación con algo
formal — ser extrínseco a algoextraneous matter — materia extraña
- In the present case, the admittedly extraneous and irrelevant material is of a kind which has always attracted the law's anxious scrutiny.
- At the end of his speech Lord Hailsham dealt with two extraneous matters which he found to be irrelevant.
- Maybe after elections, when the passions will cool down the whole issue would be considered on its merits and demerits without bringing in extraneous and irrelevant issues.
- Experts should speak to facts and ensure that their opinions are a neutral evaluation based upon those facts and not coloured by some extraneous or irrelevant information.
- One example of an extraneous element irrelevant to any story-based or character exposition occurs after Sergio returns from the airport.
- If the landlord made its decision for a collateral purpose, unrelated or extraneous to the lease, the refusal will be found to be unreasonable.
- Because the point is this, the occasion of qualified privilege will not attach to material which is entirely extraneous to the information which might be the subject of the occasion, as he has put it - as Justice McHugh put it.
- In most books you could cut some extraneous material and still leave the plot intact - and you'd still have a substantial sized book.
- I haven't done any editing on it though except to leave out some clearly extraneous material.
- It's not only the newspapers that are being made carriers for such extraneous material.
- To the extent that extraneous material assists in identifying the purpose of the legislation, it is a useful tool.
- Overall, the authors' main points are clearly presented and thoroughly explained and without the intrusion of extraneous material.
- Part of the problem here surely goes to Sarris's editor, who should have been able to reduce the amount of extraneous material.
- It is unconvincing and essentially extraneous material.
- Often the teacher gives extraneous material with nothing to reference.
- Appendices enable the student to demonstrate due diligence without distracting or confusing the reader with extraneous material.
- Trainees no longer have extraneous materials and can even have their name printed on their customised training manuals.
- All right, then - let me reiterate my initial post, with all extraneous material removed.
- However, it is far more likely to be some extraneous folkloric material.
- Asked if he was paying attention to extraneous noises, he said: ‘No.’
- The use of the orchestra now seems relatively conventional - no tam tams, marimbas, electric guitars or any of the other extraneous noises that are so popular with the contemporary gang.
- ‘It is absent of any extraneous noises or acts that we would not associate with a normal aviation environment,’ Black said.
- Also, in gatherings it may be difficult to use, because of the impact of extraneous noise.
- A trial was coded as incorrect when the response did not correspond to the target word, while a spoil was coded either when the voice key was triggered by extraneous noise or when the voice key was not triggered by the participant's response.
- One trainer has been ordering his jockeys to take out the plugs - which block out extraneous noise during racing and are designed to encourage calmness - at particular points near the finish.
- The computer has a program that distinguishes the call of the dickcissal from other bird calls and extraneous noise.
- One of his goals was eliminating extraneous engine noise.
- So well are all extraneous sources of noise kept under control that it is dangerously easy to exceed the motorway speed limit.
- And Dan, in that videotaped beating you can hear the extraneous voices of witnesses, perhaps.
- Shotgun microphones are the most common in film-making, due to their ability to cut out extraneous noise and focus in on the particular subject.
- Please ignore any extraneous messages you may hear during this time.
- Foreign coins and other extraneous objects go to one side.
- A spokesman for Rochdale Council said they were now aware of the extraneous light and would deal with as soon as possible.
- At a very minimum the victim should have installed a firewall which can deal with the extraneous messages received.
- After one hour, grains were sonicated in an ultrasonic bath for one minute to remove extraneous materials from the surface of the grains.
- Effective cleaning methods include presoaking and manual, ultrasonic, or washer/ decontaminator cleaning to remove soil and extraneous material.
- As a student becomes more proficient, extraneous material can be added.
- This ability to block out extraneous input material is a natural security system we have developed.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!