The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1to extricate sth/sb from sth — sacar algo/a algn de algo
- Thanks in part to the condition of the track ambulance crews took two hours to extricate me and deliver me to hospital.
- ‘A very aggressive bird, eating eggs and small reptiles,’ says Sami Backleh, gently extricating the creature from the mist net he rigged a few minutes ago.
- Two staff members received commendations for their bravery in extricating a youth from serious violence, while at the same taking several other youths to court hearings.
- Her efforts towards extricating women, particularly Dalit women, from their state of subordination in the society are well known.
- They don't believe the Government has a viable strategy for extricating the country from the mess left by neoliberalism.
- The only challenge was extricating the car from over-full car parks and verges.
- However, when a customer comes up, he extricates those fine-looking mangoes or pomegranates from underneath, to be weighed and handed out.
- On demand, of course, the highly - polished ‘imported’ apples or pomegranates are deftly extricated from underneath, weighed and handed out.
- Three bullets were extricated from Gurcharan's body.
- But my guess is that they were extricated some time ago to some safe-haven.
- The ship was extricated after being stuck for three hours.
- ‘One person was trapped and we extricated them but it has been confirmed as a fatality,’ he said.
- David Mason rather sportingly ended up driving Elaine to Stephen's house, where she extricated him.
- The scooterist came back running, asking the crane to stop till his scooter was extricated.
- When they are extricated, one of them is unconscious and has a steel rod sticking into his temple.
- A number of persons rushed to the accident spot and extricated the occupants from the car.
- When they were extricated two or three of them were much bruised about the head and face, but no limbs were broken.
- So does Cardinal Connell have the capacity to extricate the church from this mess and instil confidence in ordinary Catholics?
- Soldiers had local residents extricate the bodies and then flattened the house with bulldozers, witnesses said.
- These people will present themselves in a matter of time and we will immediately extricate them from our ranks.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!