The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de entretela
- Make the same adjustment on the underarm facing for a sleeveless garment.
- Instead of sleeves, finish the armhole with a narrow facing.
- Repeat to sew the facing to the garment, turning the seam allowances out of the way of the lapel.
- If the seamlines of the facing and garment don't match, don't force them.
- The upper section of the front facing that forms the lapel should also be slightly larger than the same area in the jacket to allow for turn of cloth.
- Follow the pattern guidesheet to stitch the front to the back and to interface and construct the facing.
- Now is the time to topstitch the facing down to the pocket, as shown in the diagram.
- Place the facing and hem allowance right sides together, matching the clip marks.
- Cut the front and back pattern pieces from each fabric, eliminating the facings.
- Use it at the inside seam line that joins the facing and lining of a jacket, for an elegant finishing touch.
- For a sheer handkerchief linen, rather than using interfacing on the facings, which would then show through and look unattractive, try doubling the front of the blouse entirely.
- Place the interfacing between the top fabric and the facing, and baste or fuse in place.
- Try an inconspicuous place like a hem or facing if you don't have extra fabric.
- For the initial fitting, sew the garment shell only, leaving off the sleeves, collars, facings and other design details.
- Cut the hem and neckline facings from contrasting opaque fabric.
- For the best results, apply a lightweight fusible interfacing to the facings and the upper collar.
- If interfacing stability is needed to support areas such as collars and facings, use hair canvas or a medium - to heavyweight sew-in interfacing.
- This half-zip pullover features a nylon mesh lining zip-through contrast collar, seam forward pockets, adjustable tab cuffs with contrast facings, and elasticized bottom with side zip detail.
- I would definitely machine wash a handkerchief linen blouse and also a linen skirt, but I would never wash a linen jacket with set-in sleeves, facings, and collars.
- Then sew ties or tabs to the right sides of the back pieces at the center back, sew the facings on top, and turn to the inside.
1.2facings plural(of uniform)vueltas femeninovistas femenino
- The meet took place at Chavenage House near Tetbury, and the Princess Royal was mounted on a bay horse and wore the traditional Beaufort outfit, a navy blue jacket with buff facings.
- Regiments designated as ‘Royal’ adopted blue facings, blue being another principal colour of British royal heraldry and of the national flag.
- They wear a uniform - blouse and trousers - of a bright homespun material, without any facings, but with brass buttons and collar ornaments.
- The tunics have white English County line regimental facings and the spiked helmets are the full dress types worn up until 1914.
- Finish ornamental stone facings and surfaces of concrete structural products.
- Mindful of Ben Rhydding's new conservation area status, the developers have been careful to include design features like using local stone for wall facings and slate roofs to ensure they get planning approval.
- With its facing of white Portland stone, copper-covered roof and flèche glittering with gold bands the chapel can be seen far across Stanley Park.
- Norwich station has a fine frontage in red brick with dressed white stone on the facings and neo-classical fun on the upper windows.
- The walls are concrete with stone facings and sandstone caps.
- The wall facings, which recall moucharaby harem screens, are made from old Indian grain chests.
- He became engrossed with the reflective surfaces of plate-glass windows, chrome and plastic facings of buildings and signs, and the flowing, mirror-like painted surfaces of car bodies.
- The substantial walls, made of ashlar facings and rubble cores, can be up to 2 m. thick, and in places they have survived to a height of more than 2 m.
- It contains immense courtyards, terraces and stairways, and buildings decorated with golden roofs, vermilion columns and green, red and yellow facings.
- The design of the subways has not been completed, but they will likely be of steel, with concrete abutments, facings and deck.
- The new plan seems set to create a much more significant development more in keeping with its surroundings, unlike the dirty Portland stone and marble facings and 1960s concrete-style structures it replaces.
- The panels resemble the facings of typical office buildings - and the factory plans to customize the film coating depending on how opaque the architect wants the glass to be.
- Now it was a tangle of vines and trees, punctuated occasionally by stone facings buried in a sea of leaves.
- The roofs are slate, the walls are cedar shingles and facings are white.
- Once trendy in upscale city buildings were the mirror-like window facings of many high-rises.
- Because the architects required a perfect tie hole grid, fake tie holes were drilled into the facing to achieve the required pattern.
- Belgian fossil marble was used as a facing to the lower walls, Greek penalithic marble and Portland stone were used extensively elsewhere.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!