The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- When does a piece of data go from being a factoid to being a fact?
- I don't know whether this item is a fact, or a factoid.
- There is another way to weigh this trend, however: maybe readers and viewers are not so much growing insular as searching for meaning in a vast universe of fact and factoid, and embracing a political bent is one way of organizing it.
- I'm informed from a usually reliable source that a factoid is an empirical claim that is often repeated but is in fact false.
- Over several days, here and at other companies, I hear this factoid repeated like a campaign talking point.
- Watch how factoids and information overload are used to blur the line between crises and light news, so that every event becomes a panic situation.
- And on and on he goes like that for two pages of second hand factoids and observations that never rise above the pseudo-intellectual.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!