The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de maricón
1(chore)to be a fag — ser una pesadez / una lata coloquial
alumno que está al servicio de un alumno mayor(schoolboy)
verbo intransitivo fagging, fagged, fagged
hacer trabajitos para un alumno mayornovatear
argot, malsonante despectivo
1(homosexual man)maricón masculino coloquial, malsonante despectivo
1(cigarette)cigarrillo masculinopitillo masculino coloquialpucho masculino Cono Sur coloquial
- She won't let Alvin smoke his spliffs and fags inside any more.
- ‘A fag is a cig,’ he rolled his eyes at her stupidity.
- And then there was the time we went round the school with a note from Jenkins saying we were doing a study into the effects of cigarette smoke, and could we have some of your fags please sir/miss?
- You're the one who puts the fag in your mouth, you make the choice to smoke.
- The soundtrack to Rachel Lowe's video piece is more restrained - on two screens side by side we watch a woman smoke fags and drink coffee, and hear the fuzzy hubbub of the nowheresville shopping mall she's in.
- Caleb's rasping chords sound like he's just smoked 50 fags but he remains tuneful and purveys strong emotion whether exhilaration, tenderness or pain.
- Midnight came and went and suddenly it was 3.00 am, I'd drunk a shedload of Guinness, smoked a fair few fags and was starting to feel dopey.
- All I know is I've not touched a drop, not smoked a fag, I've eaten bags and bags of fruit and played a couple of games of football.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!