Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(portion) bastante grandethere was a fair-sized audience — había bastante público
- Ahead, I could see the lights of a fair-sized town or city.
- Kilkee is a fair-sized seaside town in which four out of five houses are holiday homes.
- The house was a fair-sized one, standing back from the road, with a curving drive which was banked with high evergreen shrubs.
- He was able to set up as a physician in the city, and eventually attained a fair-sized practice.
- Due to the desert climate, there is not much farming in Bahrain, but fishing is a fair-sized industry.
- An adult tigress will kill a fair-sized prey once in every seven or eight days.
- It was a good size, had two double bedrooms and a fair-sized kitchen.
- I saw some rays and other creatures, including a fair-sized barracuda in the surprisingly clear water.
- Once outside the lagoon and the no-take area of the marine reserve, dive guide Moyes sets up his fishing rod and soon pulls in a fair-sized barracuda.
- If you have a green thumb and a back yard - or even a fair-sized planter box - you can easily coax a few plants to produce full, fragrant leaves.
- Luckily, I have my own equipment and a fair-sized workforce.
- I went for the roast pork - three fair-sized slices carved before my eyes by the chef.
- The afternoon session brought some nicely spaced, fair-sized waves and I actually got on top of my board here and there.
- We crossed it and halted on its north bank in a meadow with good pasturage and a fair-sized grove of cottonwoods.
- Colin wrenched the wheel, and the car narrowly missed a fair-sized tree as it bobbed down Valsalva Street.
- This local derby clash drew a fair-sized crowd and they weren't disappointed as both sides went all-out for the win.
- The house also has the benefit of a pleasant south-facing garden with a fair-sized lawn, a patio plus a variety of established plants and shrubs.
- Ecuador has a fair-sized manufacturing industry.
- Nicholas was from a fair-sized metropolitan city about 500 kilometers from Carlona.
- The game attracted a fair-sized crowd.