The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de desleal
- The treatment of faithless lovers and traitorous informers in outlaw lore suggests that not all Irish images of themselves were entirely positive.
- As a teenager, her life was ruined by her faithless lover.
- Everyone had a faithless lover who did you wrong, and usually blamed everything but free will.
- These statistics have been employed to suggest that a lot of evidently happily married women are faithless and untrustworthy people who have ruthlessly deceived their unsuspecting husbands.
- Lavender sang the faithless lover Pinkerton in Madam Butterfly, and Chen Hsin-an, who was Suzuki in the same opera, will sing Santuzza this weekend.
- Vicente Aranda's take on the story is a classical tale of faithless woman, doomed lover and romance gone awry.
- Some of the first written stories deal with the Sumerian Goddess Inanna making a series of sacrifices, including the sacrifice of herself and then that of her faithless lover Dumuzi, in order to attain the wisdom of the Underworld.
- One contemporary version of Henry's complaint was: ‘I have nourished and promoted in my realm sluggish and wretched knaves who are faithless to their lord and suffer him to be tricked thus infamously by a low clerk.’
- In a faithless age irony is the only way to take yourself seriously, and the only way to show others that you distrust yourself enough for them to trust you.
- I never, not for a single moment, doubted how he felt about me, never worried that I'd have my heart broken again by another faithless man I'd foolishly trusted.
- I have also put worthless, faithless men ahead of my friends because I was so desperate for the validation that only love, or what could pass for it in my mind, could bring me.
- The season concludes with Puccini's famous Madame Butterfly, a tragedy about a Japanese girl's undying love for her faithless American husband.
- Roman legend claims that ravens were once as white as swans and roughly the same size, but one day a raven told Apollo that Coronis whom he passionately loved, was faithless.
- ‘Audiences in Sofia are quite faithless and not understanding,’ he said.
- He stands by his faithless wife and cares for her child as his own.
- And, most important, mothers find the loves of their lives not in their faithless husbands but in their sons - and vice versa.
- No doubt I shall lose a son by your death but if you give up your faith I shall be called the mother of a deserter and faithless son.
- Baudelaire said of him that he was the only artist who ‘in our faithless generation conceived religious pictures’.
- God, he said, if you make me a rich man I'll spend all my time and all my wealth converting faithless heathens and praising your name.
- But her indictment is limitless and encompasses orthodox faith as well as faithless practice.
- It is not to say that I am someone who is faithless, nor ignorant of other's religious beliefs - on the contrary - it is to say that I chose not to subscribe to any organised religion, but to rather seek out my own spiritual path.
- The problem we have now is that the public expression of our religion - worship in church as a community - no longer feeds the spirit of a generation operating more and more out of a faithless culture.
- Having been brought up in a religious household myself, I have an innate sense of admiration for those people who have faith in an increasingly faithless world.
- Whenever I tell people that I don't believe in one higher, diving being, they claim that I am faithless, that I don't believe in anything.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!