The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1cabeza de turco femininechivo expiatorio masculinechivo emisario masculineJim was the fall guy — Jim fue el que pagó el pato / los platos rotos informal
- And then they picked this one auditor who could be their fall guy.
- She's obviously being set up to be the fall guy and she's it.
- Whether or not the person who actually takes the blame is the real culprit or a fall guy, we may never know.
- The veteran strategist is rapidly emerging as the fall guy for the Kerry campaign's lacklustre August.
- An Iranian Intelligence Ministry agent faces a charge of ‘quasi-intentional murder,’ but many believe he's being made a fall guy.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!