The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1a fallen woman — una mujer perdida archaic, euphemistic
- Kitty becomes, in her mother's eyes, a fallen woman after being flattered into using her singing talent for a career on the vaudeville stage.
- Not long before, the fallen woman had been held up as the villain of the age, not its victim.
- So, they began to run homes for fallen women, they called it, young girls.
- One of the images I think that has endured is the image of the fallen woman who's destroyed by love.
- Clytemnestra, like Eve, is a fallen woman who must be defeated and killed in order to allow for the regeneration of the male order.
1the fallen — los caídos
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!