The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1falso positivo masculinopositivo falso masculino
- This solution has proven to be greatly effective and produces few false positives.
- Experts believe the lab contracted by the DOD to conduct the tests may have triggered a "false positive" by accidentally tainting the test swab with an anthrax sample already on hand.
- As your detection rate increased, so did your false positive rate.
- If a detection technology isn't precise enough, such particles can trigger a false positive.
- Experiments with expensive facial-recognition devices in several airports produced so many false positives - identifying startled innocents as fugitives from justice - that the technology is no longer considered useful.
- Fingerprint identification systems have approached 99 percent accuracy and, perhaps more importantly, a slim 0.01 false positive rate - or only about one in 10,000 scans resulting in a misidentification.
- A rare, lethal disease with painful treatment, on the other hand, requires a diagnostic tool with very few false positives and negatives.
- As with all recognition problems, the issue is accuracy: Make the system very sensitive, and you will get many false positives; make the system less sensitive, and important events will slip right through the cracks.
- Says Landolt, "The result can be a false positive - indicating a problem pest population when one doesn't exist - or a false negative - indicating no problem exists when mated females are present and laying eggs."
- A new set of psychic problems has been produced in the past few years for women who had false positive results in a screening mammogram for cancer of the breast and who were not effectively reassured by subsequent tests showing the absence of breast cancer.
- The rate of false positives was also discouraging.
- Shadows, occlusions, reflections, and multiple uncontrolled light sources all increase the risk of false positives.
- False positive rates on breast / prostate screenings dictate that we're spending money treating people who aren't sick.
- The doctor notes the techniques being used can pick up a single molecule, so false positives are a strong possibility.
- Some results are false positives suggesting abnormalities in actually healthy hearts.
- CT and MRI scans can lead to false positives and unnecessary operations, which carry the risk of complications like infections and bleeding.
- The test accurately gave a negative result for those without HIV in 99.98 percent of cases, meaning there would be only one false positive result out of every 5,000 tests.
- I went on to have a perfectly healthy baby boy, but the stress from getting a false positive on the quads test was the most stressful thing I've ever been through.
- False positives can lead to additional, more invasive tests including coronary angiography.
- An abnormal result, whether it's a false positive or true positive, generally leads to additional testing, and it's the additional tests that could have some risk.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!